Budget Bathroom Tiles
Servicing Balmain Belfield Beverly Hills Birchgrove & nearby areas.
Types of Bathroom Tiles
Our Bathroom Renovation Services Include:
Full & Partial Renovations
Vanities and Vanity Tops
Medicine Chests & Mirrors
Medicine Chests & Mirrors
Tub to Shower Conversions
Barrier Free Showers
Buy Bathroom Tiles For Floor and Wall | Design Ideas for Small & Large Bathrooms
If you are planning to install bathroom tiles in your bathroom, you need to do a little research to make the right choices. The process of selecting and buying bathroom tiles is not easy and most people end up making mistakes which results in loss of money. The mistakes may include buying low-quality tiles, the wrong type of tiles, being scammed when buying tiles etc.
Therefore, before you buy the tiles, you need to make sure that they not only look great but also works best for your bathroom. So that you can buy the right type, number and size of bathroom tiles, you need first to do the following:
Know your criteria
You are required to know what you are looking for exactly both in quantity and quality. To know the tile criteria, consider the following:
- Measure the area where you are planning to install the tiles. This will help you determine the number of square feet you need to buy. In addition, you will be able to estimate your budget and plan beforehand
- Choose the colour of the tile. There are numerous colours to choose from depending on your preference, cost, and theme of your bathroom. If you cannot be able to determine the right colour f tiles to choose, you can seek professional advice and opinions. Some people like white bathroom tiles because they provide a clean and bright look while others prefer a mosaic design to spice up their bathrooms. You need to know the effect you want in your bathroom to be able to choose the right colour that will facilitate that effect
- Plan your tile pattern. This is mostly done using a graph paper to have accurate planning and estimates. You can do it yourself but if you don’t possess any tile installation skills, hiring a professional contractor is the best option. When planning, you also need to make up your mind whether you will use multiple or one type of tile in your bathroom
- You need to find out the size of tiles you will use. This can be determined by the type of tiles you are planning to buy, your planning, size or even the shape of your bathroom. Most people get difficulties choosing tile sizes because they are available in different sizes. You need to remember that the size of your tiles can affect your budget because it affects labour. Installing larger tiles takes less time than installing small tiles. However, most homeowners prefer installing small sized tiles because they are elegant
- Finally, when buying tiles, remember to buy additional tiles to have additional tiles in case some are damaged, broken or cut wrongly during installation.
Shopping for bathroom tiles
After knowing the criteria of tiles to buy, you need to go and do shopping at a reputable tile store. However, since these stores are pricey sometimes when compared to online or hardware stores, you can look for alternatives shopping areas where you can save some money or get offers.
To shop for the right tiles, follow these tips:
- You need to look for a store that sells bathroom tiles by researching through the internet, asking friends or even close family members who have installed tiles lately. You can do your shopping in a home improvement center, tile specialty store or through online tile stores
- After choosing where you will do your shopping, bring the criteria you’ve made, tile patterns and measurements to do the actual shopping. You can ask for help from the attendant to avoid making mistakes. You can also arrange some tiles in a line to clearly see what they will look like upon installation
- To save some money, you need to compare the price from at least three stores because prices vary depending on location and the dealer. This will help you know the store which has the best deals. However, be keen on quality because price and quality go hand in hand
- Buy the bathroom tile that suits your criteria and budget and then start gathering all the equipment you need for installation if you are doing it yourself. However, if you are considering hiring an expert, you need to look for a reliable contractor